Release Date: August 22, 2022
Expiration Date: August 22, 2023
This activity is designed for an audience of Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Dentists.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Safely inject a variety of neuromodulators and fillers after completing a comprehensive course provided by a certified injection specialist
- Assess patients during the consultation visit for botulinum toxin and/or dermal filler treatments.
- Identify indications and contraindications for neuromodulators and dermal fillers.
- Describe the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature, and circulatory system of the face.
- Evaluate patients for the best aesthetic outcomes.
- Apply sterile technique while using injectable pharmacologic agents.
- Detail safety and management of complications and adverse reactions.
- Demonstrate facial mapping for correction of the aging face.
- Integrate botulinum neurotoxin and dermal filler therapy into therapeutic and aesthetic treatment plans.
- Identify neuromodulator science, reconstitution and dosing of all FDA approved neuromodulators.
- Apply rheology of all FDA approved dermal fillers, indications, crosslinking, flexibility, g’prime, cohesivity, and water affinity.
- Volumize the cheeks, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and lifting the corners of the mouth using anatomical landmarks.
- Demonstrate lip augmentation by adding volume to establish proper lip symmetry.
- Utilize the best treatment techniques being cognizant of anatomical muscle sites,muscle depths, proper preparation, and dilution for the best aesthetic outcomes.
- Comprehensively diagnose, plan treatment, and apply proper dosing and delivery of botulinum neurotoxin
Criteria for Success
To obtain a certificate of completion, a score of 70% or better on the post-test is required. Please proceed with the activity until you have successfully completed this program, answered all test questions, completed the post-test and evaluation, and have received a digital copy of your certificate. You must participate in the entire activity to receive credit. There is no fee to participate in this activity. If you have questions about this activity, please contact AKH Inc. at [email protected].
CE credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Institute of Aesthetics. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 2.5 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
Credit being awarded: 2.5 ANCC contact hours
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 2.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Institute of Aesthetics. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030803. This activity is approved for 2.5 contact hour(s) (which includes 2.0 hour(s) of pharmacology).
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this activity for 2.5 continuing education credits.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider, or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Jennifer Prince, RN, BSN, Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist
She is a Registered Nurse and Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist with extensive experience working with clients in facial aesthetics.
Jennifer began her medical career as a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist training at Vanderbilt University and continued her education in nursing at Grand Canyon University. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in both Nuclear Medicine and Nursing and brings over fifteen years’ experience to our practice and clients.
Jennifer has the following financial relationships to disclose:
Speaker/Independent Contractor – Allergan Medical Institute Aesthetic Trainer, Galderma Aesthetics Trainer
Planners and Reviewers
- Dorothy Caputo, MA, BSN, RN, Senior Director of Continuing Education & Compliance
- Bernadette Makar, MSN, APRN-BC, NP-C, Nurse Practitioner Reviewer
- AKH Inc
- Institute of Aesthetics
Planner and reviewers have no financial relationships to disclose.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
It is the policy of AKH Inc. to ensure independence, balance, objectivity, scientific rigor, and integrity in all of its continuing education activities. The author must disclose to the participants any significant relationships with ineligible companies whose products or devices may be mentioned in the activity or with the commercial supporter of this continuing education activity. Identified conflicts of interest are mitigated by AKH prior to accreditation of the activity. AKH planners and reviewers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use and Investigational Product
This educational activity may include discussion of uses of agents that are investigational and/or unapproved by the FDA. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
This course is designed solely to provide the healthcare professional with information to assist in his/her practice and professional development and is not to be considered a diagnostic tool to replace professional advice or treatment. The course serves as a general guide to the healthcare professional, and therefore, cannot be considered as giving legal, nursing, medical, or other professional advice in specific cases. AKH Inc. specifically disclaim responsibility for any adverse consequences resulting directly or indirectly from information in the course, for undetected error, or through participant’s misunderstanding of the content.